In the Heat of the Night

Zander felt fingertips dancing over his chest. He opened his eyes and turned his head to find Carly hovering over him. "What...what time is it?" Zander asked. He realized he must have fallen asleep while waiting for her.


Carly continued stroking her fingertips over Zander's bare chest. "It's late...or really early...whatever. I'm here now."

 

"You look upset." Since Zander had gotten to know Carly, he had become attuned to her moods. "What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing. Kiss me." Carly suited action to words.


Zander allowed the kiss, for a moment, then he pulled back. "What are you doing?"

 

Carly smiled seductively. "Something I've wanted to do for a while now. Something I should have done sooner."

 

"Whoa...wait a minute." Zander pushed Carly back a bit so he could sit up. "We talked about this…thing...between us. It can't happen. You love Sonny."


"Yeah...I do. But he's moving on and I'm going to do the same."

Zander shook his head. He knew better. He knew that Sonny loved Carly and that the two would somehow find their way back to each other. "Sonny loves you, Carly. We both know that."


Carly fell back onto her knees and shook her head. "He's moving on, Zander. I saw him....with Alexis. Making love."


"So that's what this is about? You catch Sonny with another woman and you came here...to what? Use me to make him jealous?" Zander was angry now.

 

"Maybe at first," Carly allowed. "But I want you to know something. What I feel for you...my attraction to you...it's very real, Zander. I fought it at first. Because of Sonny. Because of Emily. And because of our age difference. But none of that matters to me anymore. I know you want me...and I want you too."

 

Zander couldn't deny the truth of her words. He wanted her. She was beautiful and smart and they had alot in common. They were both impulsive, but Carly was helping Zander to rein in his impulses. The self destructive ones, anyway. And he was helping her to do the same. And they didn't judge each other for past mistakes, or repeated ones. They just accepted who each was, and that meant more to Zander than he had realized. "Carly...I do want you," Zander allowed. "But I don't think I can do this...okay? You're hurting because of what you saw. So we could have sex now...but in the morning...you would regret it. And to be honest...I can't handle that. I won't let you do that to me. I won't be used by you."

 

Carly leaned in to brush a kiss across Zander's lips. "I don't want to use you for revenge...or to forget what I saw. I don't want to use you at all, Zander. I want to make love with you. Because you're beautiful and sexy and you like me even though you know what a horrible person I can be. I want you for all the right reasons, and I won't have any regrets in the morning. I promise you."

 

"I want to believe you, Carly," Zander replied. And he wanted that more than anything. He felt Carly's hands sliding over his chest again. Her touch ignited a fire in his loins.

 

"Then believe me, Zander," Carly whispered against his lips. "Either you believe me...or you don't. But choose now."

 

Zander moaned then he leaned in to claim her lips. His fingers curled around the back of her neck and he felt her hands in his hair. For a moment they fought for control of the kiss and it was magic. All fire and heat and they melted into each other. Zander let his hands drift between them, undoing Carly's shirt. She shrugged it off then undid her bra. Zander felt himself grow harder as her bare breasts pressed against him. Skin to skin.

 

Carly sucked Zander's tongue into her mouth then whispered, "I want you naked."


"Soon," Zander replied. He had some worshipping to do. He eased back so that he could bend his head and take one of Carly's nipples into his mouth. He suckled it until she was moaning then moved to lavish attention on the other one. Then Zander started to kiss his way up her chest after nuzzling between her breasts, only to find himself shoved back hard. He landed on his back and Carly was over him, her hands undoing his jeans then reaching in to grasp his hardness. Zander's hips bucked and a moan of pure pleasure escaped him. "You're going to kill me, Carly," he growled.

 

"I haven't even begun," she replied, a wicked glint in her eyes as she divested him of pants, boxer briefs and socks. Then she moved between his legs, massaging them before reaching her goal. "You're so ready for me," Carly purred, as she circled his thickness and touched the tip with her tongue.

Zander hissed. "I've been ready for you for a while now," he gritted out. Then he almost whimpered as Carly sucked the tip of his cock into her warm, wet, mouth. It was pure bliss. He felt the tingle in his spine, all too soon and he tried to pull her off him, but Carly held fast and soon she was swallowing Zander's release. Zander's body melted into the mattress, but even though he had cum, he wasn't completely spent. He felt Carly climbing up his body to kiss him and he could taste himself on her lips.

 

Carly nipped Zander's lower lip then asked, "Was it good for you?"

 

"You're good for me," Zander replied, as he gripped Carly by the waist and surged upward, He turned them both over so that she was on her back, then Zander was undoing her pants and sliding them off her long legs. Zander then started at Carly's feet, nipping at her toes, licking his way up her ankle, kissing her calf, then her inner thigh before reaching her lace covered apex. He buried his face there, inhaling her musky scent. Her panties were already damp. Zander felt Carly writhing against him, felt her fingers in his hair, urging him to touch her. He made a wet spot on her panties with his tongue, tasting her through the lace, but then he focused on kissing his way back down her other leg. Only when he had reached her toes again, did Zander make a move to slide off Carly's panties. By then she was almost dripping wet and Zander licked her, before letting a finger slip inside her. She sealed around it and it made him hard again.

 

"Zander....please!" Carly begged.


He gave her what she needed, suckling her swollen nub of nerve endings as he thrust his finger in and out. It didn't take long before Carly screamed his name and Zander spent a moment lapping up her flood of juices. Then he kissed his way up her body to share the taste with her. Zander felt Carly's fingers curl in his hair, holding him as she attacked his mouth, her tongue pushing inside to devour him. He kissed her back with as fierce a hunger, then he was pulling her closer before shifting her up over his lap.


Carly got the hint. She reached between them to grasp Zander's cock, then she helped to guide him inside her as he lowered gently down. "I love your recuperative powers," Carly whispered. "There are perks to having a young lover."

 

"Shh..." Zander whispered, before bending his head to take a nipple into his mouth. He suckled on it as he felt Carly moving over him, finding the rhythm that would give her the most pleasure. Just being inside of her was all Zander needed to bring his release. But he held it off, finding her nub again with his fingers this time, pinching it as they moved together, and when he felt her squeeze him before her release, Zander finally let himself go. And when she collapsed against him, he held her in his arms, nipping at her shoulder before letting her push him down onto his back. He was happy when she snuggled over him, keeping them connected. He was content to stay inside her forever.

 

"That was perfect, Zander," Carly whispered in his ear.

 

Zander shifted so that he could kiss her temple. "You're perfect."


Carly laughed softly. "Was I worth the wait and the hassle?"

 

"Yeah....you were worth it."


"Thank you…for saying that." Carly's voice was tearful.


Zander frowned and sat up a bit so he could see her face. "Hey...what's wrong?"

 

Carly shook her head, then she traced the outline of Zander's mouth with one fingertip. "Nothing. Not now. You make everything feel right, Zander. You make me feel like I'm special and smart and beautiful."


"You are special and smart and beautiful, Carly. You always have been."


"Nah…not really. Sonny sure as hell doesn't see me that way. He may love me...but I've never been good enough. At least...he never made me feel that way."


Zander touched a fingertip to her lips to silence her. "Can we not talk about Sonny?"

 

Carly nodded. "Sorry."

 

"Go to sleep," Zander whispered, pressing another kiss to her temple. Then he took his own advice.

 

* * * * *


Zander came awake to warm lips sealed to his, and fingers curled around his cock. He opened his eyes just as Carly pulled back to smile at him. But her hands still stroked his hardness. "Is it morning?" Zander asked. The room was brighter, but not exactly lit up.

 

"Close enough," Carly replied. She kissed him again. "Want to play?"

 

"With you? Anytime," Zander replied. He took note of the fact that she was wearing his shirt, and when his hand moved beneath it, he was pleased to find that it was all she was wearing and his fingers stroked her slick folds. But then she was moving away, yanking the covers off him so that she could straddle his hips and press herself down onto his cock. Zander moaned then sat up enough so that he could rip open the shirt, uncaring that it was now ruined. He buried his face in Carly's chest and felt her fingers curl in his hair as he suckled her breasts, paying lavish attention to both of them.

Carly moaned then she eased Zander back down so that she could move over him, fucking herself on his cock, bringing them both to the edge of ecstasy and beyond. Carly had just collapsed onto Zander's chest when there was a pounding on the door. Then a voice called out,

 

"Zander? Let me in!"


"It's Sonny," Carly hissed.


Zander was already moving her off him. He slid out of bed and reached for his jeans. "I'll send him away."

 

Carly followed Zander off the bed. She slipped her panties on, then grabbed one of his tee shirts that was lying on the nearby dresser. "No...let him in."


"Carly...that's bad idea," Zander protested. He knew it would only complicate things for all three of them.

 

"It's a good idea, Zander," Carly insisted. "Sonny has moved on. I saw it happen. Now he needs to see for himself that I've moved on as well."


Zander sighed, but he moved to the door and unlocked it. He stepped back as Sonny burst in.

 

Sonny froze at the sight of Carly. "What are you doing here?" he demanded.

 

"What does it look like?" Carly shot back. She moved to Zander and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind. "I'm with Zander now, Sonny. Just like you're with Alexis. It's time for us both to move on."


"You don't want to do this, Carly," Sonny countered. "It’s a mistake."


Carly shook her head. "The mistake was thinking that you could ever love me for being me. You can't do that, Sonny. But Zander can...and he does."


Sonny rubbed his chin. "Are you telling me that you love Zander?"

 

"I'm telling you that I could. As it is...I care about him and he cares about me. We're good for each other. And that's more than you and I ever had, Sonny. Cause love is not enough." Carly smiled sadly. "I learned that the hard way."

 

"Then it's over," Sonny stated, moving to the door.

 

Carly nodded. "Yeah...it's over."

Sonny walked out, closing the door behind him.


Zander had simply watched the exchange, but now he turned to Carly, taking her in his arms. He could feel her trembling. "You okay?"

 

"Yeah...I think I am," Carly replied.

 

"No regrets?"


Carly smiled. "Just one."


Zander frowned at her. "What is it?"

 

"You're not kissing me," Carly whispered.

"I can fix that," Zander replied. He picked her up and carried her over to the bed, then he laid her down, flowing over her, melding their bodies together as he sealed her lips with his own. And they kissed until the embers of passion that glowed deep inside them both, flared into a heat that warmed them from within. Never fading, even in the afterglow.

 


THE END

 

HOME