Dark Desire

Chapter 8

 

Zander woke up feeling out of sorts. His body was sore and aching put he pushed aside the pain and headed for the bathroom. He was surprised by what he found. Several damp towels and one that had blood stains on it. Frowning, Zander tossed them in the hamper then stepped into the shower. He cleaned up quickly and got dressed. He couldn't shake feeling cold; so along with jeans he put on a tee shirt, a turtleneck and a bulky pullover sweater. After running his fingers through his hair, Zander headed downstairs. When he entered the dining room he found Brenda, alone, at the table. "Good morning," Zander greeted her, before heading over to the buffet table. He poured himself some coffee and grabbed a plate of eggs and toast. He ate methodically but without tasting anything.

 

"Aren't you warm?" Brenda asked, taking in his attire.


"No...actually I'm kinda chilly," Zander replied. He got up to pour himself another cup of coffee.
 

Brenda frowned. "Maybe you're coming down with something."


Zander shook his head. "I'm fine." He was about to sit back down when one of the guards entered. Jack.

 

"Mr. Alcazar would like to see you in his office, Mr. Smith."

 

"He's back?" Zander was surprised.


Brenda nodded. "He got back a few hours ago and he's been in his office ever since."

 

Zander drained his coffee then followed after Jack. He was smiling as he entered the office. "Welcome back, Mr. Alcazar. You wanted to see me?"


"Thank you, Zander," Luis replied. He moved out from behind his desk. "How are you?"

 

"I'm fine. I have another stock option to go over with you."

 

Luis nodded. "We'll discuss it later." There was a knock on the door. "Come in," Luis called out.

 

Zander saw Geraldo enter. He felt himself grow tense but shook it off. There was a memory that pushed at him but Zander blocked it. 

 

"What can I do for you, Mr. Alcazar?" Geraldo asked his boss.

 

"You can answer a question for me," Luis replied.


Geraldo nodded. "Of course, sir."

 

Luis smiled, a cold curving of his lips. "Did you fuck Zander?" he asked.

 

"What?" Geraldo could not contain his surprise. "No sir!"

 

"Wrong answer," Luis drawled. "Try again."

Zander felt numb. He felt Geraldo's gaze burn into him. He felt the man's fury and he didn't understand why it was directed at him. He hadn't done anything wrong.

 

Luis watched Geraldo for a moment then he picked up a remote control and clicked the button. Images flickered on the screen.

 

"No..." Zander whispered as he watched himself giving Geraldo a blowjob in this very office. Then he saw himself at the pool, bent over the wet bar, Geraldo's cock pumping into him. Zander wanted to close his eyes but he couldn't.

 

"I'll ask again, Geraldo," Luis said softly. "Did you fuck Zander?"


Geraldo was shaking. "Sir...I can explain."


Luis smirked. "Somehow...I doubt that." He pulled a gun out from the small of his back, took aim, and fired. A bullet thudded into Geraldo's skull, smack dab between his eyes. Luis watched the body fall then turned to Zander. "It's all right now."

 

"No...no..." Zander hissed, then he turned and fled. He heard Alcazar calling his name but he didn't stop. He ran to the garage and jumped on the closest motorcycle. The keys were always in all of the vehicles. Then Zander was roaring off. He had no idea where he was going, he just knew he had to get there fast.

 

Inside the house, Luis had called for a lock down. But it was too late. Zander was gone.

 

* * * * * 

 

Zander kept pushing the speed. He felt the wind on his face but it couldn't erase the images from his mind. He felt the sting of tears in his eyes and it blurred his vision. Enough so that he took a turn wide and skidded out of control. Zander had presence of mind to push off the bike so that he wasn't pinned under it. He rolled and came to rest on the bank of the road. He was dirty and bruised but none the worse for wear. He stood up and took in his surroundings. He was back in town. Climbing up the bank, Zander tried to keep the rush of memories at bay. But the pounded at him relentlessly and he was so wrapped up in them that he didn't realize he had reached the road. Until the car hit him.

 

* * * * * 

 

Zander felt pain inside him. Felt a burning and rough hands on him. Then he felt wetness on his skin and realized it was blood. He came awake with a start and his eyes flew open.

 

"Easy, Zander. It's okay."

"Alexis..." Zander could feel his heart thudding in his chest and his skin was slick with sweat. At least he hoped it was sweat. He glanced down and there was no blood, but he was wearing a hospital gown and his head and body ached. "What...where am I?"


Alexis smoothed his hair back. "General Hospital. You were hit by a car. Do you remember?"

 

Zander shook his head and regretted it as pain lanced through his skull. He pressed his palms to his temples and realized he was shaking. "How long have I been here?"

 

"About eight hours." Alexis reached for the call button.

 

"I have to go." Zander reached for the side rail and tried to push it down.

 

Alexis pressed a hand to his chest to hold him back. "You have to take it easy, Zander."

Dr. Tony Jones entered the room. "I'm glad you're awake," he offered in greeting. He pulled out a penlight and made to flash it in Zander's eyes.

 

"I have to go...now!" Zander hissed, as he batted Dr. Jones' hand away. He reached for the bed rail again only to have Dr. Jones press him back against the pillows.

 

"You have to take it easy," Tony stated. "You have a mild concussion and various cuts and bruises. Bruised ribs. You were lucky, Zander."


Zander felt frustration welling up inside him. He had to get out of there. He had to make them understand that. "I'm fine. I want to leave."

 

Tony shook his head. "Look...Zander, Taggert will be here in the morning to talk to you. As will Dr. Baldwin. We'll take it from there, all right?"

 

"Why would I want to talk to them?" Suspicion colored Zander's tone. "And who is Dr. Baldwin?"

 

"To tell them about what happened to you. To help you deal with it. And Dr. Baldwin is a psychiatrist."


Zander frowned and shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about. I got hit by a car. I don't need to talk to a shrink about that."

 

Tony locked eyes with Zander. "I'm not talking about the car. I'm talking about the rape."

 

"What rape?" Zander looked at Alexis, hoping that she could explain things to him. He felt her reach for his hand and the look in her eyes, the tears that made them over bright, shook him a bit. Something was wrong.

 

"Zander...I examined you." Tony drew his attention back. "I know what happened. Was it Luis Alcazar? Is he the one who raped you?"

 

Zander stared at Dr. Jones in disbelief. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "No!" Zander shouted. "NO! Mr. Alcazar would never hurt me. You're fucking nuts! I want out of here!" He began pulling on the bed rail again.

 

Tony shouted for Bobbie as he and Alexis held Zander down. "I need a sedative!" Tony shouted to Bobbie when she popped into the doorway.

 

"NO!" Zander struggled against the hands that held him and for a minute he flashed back to another time. His hands tied, his body pinned, other hands touching him...

 

"Zander...please calm down," Alexis begged, as she struggled to hold him.

 

Bobbie ran in with the syringe and made quick work of pricking Zander in the arm.


Zander glared at Dr. Jones even as he felt a liquid warmth wash over him and his body started going limp. Then darkness claimed him.

 

* * * * *

 

Even before Zander opened his eyes, he knew that there was someone in the room. Watching him. When he finally did open his eyes he saw a woman he didn't know. She smiled and introduced herself.

 

"Hello, Zander. I'm Dr. Gail Baldwin. How do you feel?"

 

"I've been better." Zander tugged at the restraints on his wrists and glared at Dr. Baldwin.

 

She sighed. "Dr. Jones and I thought it was best for now. All we're trying to do his to help you, Zander. But you're not making it easy for us."


He smirked. "Gee...I'm so sorry to inconvenience you. If you let me go we won't have this problem!"

 

"You need to stay here, Zander."


"You can't keep me here against my will. You can't do that."


Dr. Baldwin inched the stool she was sitting on closer to the bed. "Zander...who raped you?"

 

He closed his eyes and shook his head. "No one."

 

"We saw the ligature marks, Zander. And the needle marks. Dr. Jones examined you thoroughly. He saw the damage, Zander. He had to do stitches."

"Shut up!" Zander wished he could put his hands over his ears. He didn't want to hear this.


Gail reached out and laid one hand gently on his forearm. "We will help you, Zander. I promise we won't let anyone hurt you again."

 

Zander tensed at her touch. "I'll say it again...slowly this time so you can understand. No...one...hurt...me. Got it?"

 

"Who raped you, Zander?" Gail was persistent in her attempts to reach him.

 

"NO ONE!" Zander shouted. He tugged at the restraints, cursing at them. Cursing at her. Then he saw a figure in the doorway. Elizabeth. Zander closed his eyes.

 

Gail sensed a presence and saw the girl. "You need to leave," she said, rising to her feet. She escorted Elizabeth out and into the waiting area.

 

Elizabeth was stunned. "What the hell is going on? I came here to see Zander. I heard he got hit by a car."

 

"He did," Gail confirmed.


"Then why is he in restraints? And why are you talking about rape?"

 

Gail pushed Elizabeth down into the nearest chair. "Zander was raped and he's in denial about it. I'm trying to help him. But I can't do that until he accepts the truth."

 

Elizabeth was shaking. "Raped? He was raped?" She remembered all too well what that was like. "I don't believe this is happening."

 

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!" Zander's screams reached the hallway.

 

"Bobbie!" Gail left Elizabeth and ran to the nurses’ station. "I need a sedative." Zander kept screaming as Gail waited for Bobbie, then they ran into his room together. Bobbie held Zander's arm as still as she could while Gail injected him. A minute later he was silent. Gail handed Bobbie the empty syringe then she reached out to smooth Zander's dark hair off his face. "I'll be back tomorrow," she said softly, then she left the room.

 

A few minutes later, Elizabeth entered. She settled herself on the stool by the bed. She had permission to sit with Zander, and she wasn't leaving until they had a chance to talk.

 

 

previous chapter

 Chapter Index

next chapter

© Shelly 2004